I was cutting parsley when the thought of making parathas struck me. Next thought was sesame seeds. I like them in thepla (a Gujarati masala roti). Here is the recipe for parsley & sesame paratha.
The ingredients as you can guess are,
- Finely chopped parsley (I used curly parsley) – 5-6 stems should suffice
- 1-1 1/2 tsp spoon of sesame seeds
- 1-1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour. You can also use wheat flour (more healthy option).
- Salt to taste
- Mix the all the purpose flour, parsley, sesame seeds & salt in a big bowl.
- Knead the dough with water. Make sure the dough is not too soft & sticky.
- Once, the dough is ready, put a little bit of oil & kneed again.
- Make small balls for making the parathas.
- Take a rolling pin & a board (I used the cutting board) and carve out round parathas as shown below.
- Heat a Pan & cook the paratha until done.
- Apply butter to the paratha as soon as you take it off the pan.
- You can also sprinkle some Orange zest on the paratha (optional). This just adds the taste of freshness.
Repeat steps 5-7 for the remaining dough balls. Enjoy! 🙂