This is the first time I tried making bread at home. Although it’s is not an original recipe, I had fun changing a few ingredients and the bread turned out delicious. Here is the original recipe link – http://www.food.com/recipe/best-banana-bread-2886.
The original recipe calls for 1/2 cup of butter. You can cut down on fat by replacing butter with canola oil all together although the edges might turn out a bit more crispy. I wanted to use up the 1/4 stick of butter that I had and hence it’s one of the ingredients. Added chai spice for more flavor. You can increase it up to 1 teaspoon but I didn’t want it to overwhelm banana flavor and smell.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 very ripe bananas crushed
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon chai spice
- 8-10 chopped almonds
- Soften the butter in microwave, mix it with canola oil and sugar in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs and add crushed bananas to it.
- Now, add the butter, oil and sugar mix from step 1 to the egg banana mix.
- Next add flour, soda, salt, chai spice, vanilla and mix well.
- Add chopped almond pieces and mix again.
- Pour into greased and floured bread pan. You can also just lay down a parchment paper in bread pan before pouring in the bread mix.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Refrigerate to use for more days.
Enjoy with a hot beverage as a snack or a scoop of vanilla ice cream as dessert 🙂